Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor
Due to our continual growth Tim Kelly Group are currently recruiting a Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join our team. As a leading contractor, we specialise in the provision of mechanical, electrical, fire protection and technology services to a range of sectors including commercial, data centre, manufacturing, infrastructure and healthcare. With such a broad spectrum of sectors and services, you will most certainly acquire exceptional opportunities to broaden your skills, abilities and knowledge in cutting edge technology and work practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans.
- Manage/monitor all commercial aspects of projects.
- Responsible for cost controlling including tracking and agreeing change.
- Pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement Negotiation.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems.
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed.
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components.
- Review proposals with Designers.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Maintain contemporaneous accurate records.
- Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment.
- Monthly cost and value reports.
- Final Account Preparation, Negotiation and Agreement
- Ensure Project Manager & Construction Manager are commercially aware of current state of project.
- Project cost and programme forecasts.
- Working closely and effectively with all other disciplines in particular the site management teams to ensure costs are fully controlled and values enhanced
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 5years experience in a contracting environment, preferably M&E experience
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Economics or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project.
What you’ll get in return
- Excellent opportunity to work in the west of Ireland
- Competitive salary.